Country: Northern Italy
Installation year: 2013
Number of houses: 1
House surface: 1260 m2
Useful surface: 1606 m2
Number of birds: 30,000
House density: 18,6 pullets/m2 (useful surface)
The installation located in the North of Italy, created specifically for breeding pullets, presents innovative features which distinguish it from aviary farming.
The main characteristics are:
- significant reduction of the investment costs;
- 20% increase of the number of birds;
- easily adaptable to any type of house;
- the equipment is supplied with a self-supporting frame, completely independent from the house structure;
- mobile slats and a winching chain feeding system supplied with perches allow pullets to move easily into the house.
This system offers many advantages, both for the farmer and for the animals, allowing the reduction of the costs of investment and at the same time preparing pullets to aviary system.